It’s no secret that online shopping and selling are displacing the conventional brick-and-mortar retail model as the preferred method of operation for businesses. At the end of 2022, Amazon will have 9.7 million sellers globally, with 1.9 million of those vendors actively selling on the platform.
As we witness, the world of internet commerce is swiftly emerging as a vibrant and competitive industry on the global stage. If you’re already using NetSuite ERP for your back-office operations and fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) or another popular e-commerce platform such as eBay, it may be time to investigate the most appropriate option to optimize your business operations.
The expense of maintaining two distinct systems for an e-commerce firm may quickly add up to coordinate information between your marketplaces and your enterprise resource planning system (ERP).
Increase Revenue with NetSuite Amazon Connector
As an online shop that relies on Amazon FBA for most of its sales, your first goal should provide the smoothest possible customer experience while also ensuring that all of your goods on Amazon’s web store have accurate inventory information and current pricing.
You will need smooth connectivity between Amazon and your NetSuite ERP system to handle these two goals. This will allow you to almost simply draw out data flows for everything from product and inventory orders to fulfillment, and so on. A NetSuite Amazon Integration powerhouse, such as Dell Boomi, can be of great help in this situation.
As soon as you add or change a product on NetSuite, your Dell Boomi connection syncs product information such as inventory, price information, product photos, and other associated information to Amazon Seller Central.
- When you get a new order, the integration syncs your customer order and item information with your accounting system. This comprises information about the products on the order, the total order, the customer’s payment method, and any tax information that may apply.
- In the following step, the fulfillment process will be synchronized between NetSuite and Amazon.
- When the order is sent, Amazon collects payment from the buyer, and the payment method is logged in NetSuite as a sales transaction.
- Returns and refunds will be processed through Amazon within one week of the customer’s request, and it will generate the documentation within another week to finish the process.
Benefits of Integrating Amazon Store with NetSuite:
- As soon as consumers complete their purchases in the Amazon marketplace, all orders and associated customer data are automatically sent to NetSuite.
- Order cancelations from Amazon should be synchronized with NetSuite.
- There are two different order types supported: FBM (Fulfillment by Merchant) and FBA* (Fulfillment by Amazon–offered as an add-on feature*).
- Allows you to automatically publish item listings to Amazon from NetSuite, including details such as the item name, images, and metadata, as well as the price and price levels for each item.
- Within the app, you may delist things from Amazon.
- Update inventory amounts from various NetSuite warehouses to Amazon using the Amazon API (for FBM orders).
- It allows you to create FBA Transfer Orders and Inventory Transfers.
- Allows you to automatically synchronize fulfillment status and shipment data (including the carrier and tracking number) between NetSuite and Amazon (for FBM orders), as well as between Amazon and NetSuite (for FBA orders)
- Automate the synchronization of invoices between Amazon and NetSuite.